Protoblast was established in 1975 and is a wholly Australian owned company.
Over the past 30+ years Protoblast has been designing and building a full range of abrasive blast equipment with an emphasis on specialised machines, cabinets and chambers tailored to customers’ particular requirements.
Protoblast has proudly earned a reputation as one of the leading manufacturers of blast chambers and associated equipment in Australia. Our high quality equipment has been installed in all States and Territories throughout Australia and exported to New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the United States and the Middle East.
Some customers and applications include:
- Australian Army, Navy and Air Force – Blast chambers for general maintenance applications
- A.D.I. – Blast chambers and specialised machines including blasting of rocket tubes
- Bechtel – Airless blast for aluminium smelter applications
- BHP – Maintenance
- Dux, Rheem & Solahart – Airless blasting of water heater tanks
- Kempe International – Abrasive recovery equipment
- Large automated closed wheel machines for aluminium smelters in The Middle East
- Nepean Engineering – Airless and air blast equipment for a variety of applications, such as preparation of fabrications
- National Engineering – Air and airless blasting of fabrications and pipes
- Page Steel, Telfords & Vawdrey – Airless machines for blast of sections
- Saunders International – Airless blasting of large curved plates for water reservoirs
- Thompsons Kelly & Lewis – Airless blast machine and chambers for foundry applications
- Norton Australia – Blasting of endless sanding belts
- Chippendale Restorations – Refurbishment of antique fireplaces etc.