The CKD Blansko Strojirny, a. s. company ranks among the engineering companies with a rich historical tradition. The beginnings of the engineering production in the place of present company go back to 1689. Present name of CKD company dates from 1927. Besides water turbines, the main long term assortment of the CKD Blansko Strojirny company, a. s. includes especially heavy duty vertical lathes. They are exploited by the company itself for the production of rotation parts of water turbines which considerably contributes to operation trials of their technological parameters and possibilities, their reliability and to the collection of experience and knowledge serving for their future development. Since April 1994, the CKD Blansko Strojirny, a. s. company holds the quality certificate ISO 9001 : 2000.
The production programme of heavy duty vertical lathes of the CKD Blansko Strojirny, a. s. company includes:
- Single column type SKI designed for the machining of parts within the maximum diameter range 3,200 - 16,000 mm, within the maximum height range 2,500 - 6,300 (6,500) mm and within the maximum weight range 50-320 (450) t
- Double column type SKD designed for the machining of parts within the maximum diameter range 3,500 - 7,000 mm, within the maximum height range 2,500 - 4,500 mm and within the maximum weight range 50 - 100 (250)t
Field of application
Depending on their equipment, single-column and double-column types of vertical lathes permit, in the turning mode:
- turning the frontal, cylindrical, conical and general rotation inner and outer surfaces
- turning the inner and outer threads on the cylindrical and conical surfaces, with constant and variable lead
- frontal and peripheral grinding of frontal and cylindrical, inner and outer surfaces (machines equipped with grinding attachment) in the milling mode
- milling the surfaces and co-axial slots with the head feed (axis x or z) or with the rotation feed of the table (axis C)
- milling the e(centric slots and general forms with the interpolation of drilling and boring openings in the axis and outside the axis of the table with the usage of a precise positioning
- thread cutting in the axis and outside the axis of the table
- milling, boring and cutting the threads under various angles towards the axis of the table (machines equipped with angular milling head)
Thanks to the possible attachments, the machines may be considered as multi-professional machining centres.
Designed with movable column and cross rail, rail head and side head (optional extras). They permit to turn pieces within large scope of diameters with the most advantageous position of column permitting to exploit the side head better. These types are convenient especially for turning the annular pieces with large outside diameter that do not require machining of the centre
Designed with movable cross rail, right head and left head (optional extras). Closed portal frame of the double-column vertical boring and turning mill is highly-rigid which permits to achieve high output and precision machining
- located on the right side of the machine, independently movable in the vertical and horizontal directions
- in the Jront part of the platform, there is a swivelling main control panel (may be located on the operator's platform or on the floor next to the machine)
- covering of the operator's place and security locks on the entrance door comply with the requirements ot the regulation EU 98/37/EC
Visit our website to download a product brochure.