Perfect for Manufacturers and Retailers
Manufacturing clients overseas have been using CAST to evaluate the cost benefits of moving manufacturing from the US & Western Europe to low cost manufacturing bases in Asia and Eastern Europe. Globalisation brings greater complexity thereby raising the need for software that can consider all components of the supply chain. Manufacturers are not only looking at developing markets such as India & China as a source for low cost manufacturing, but also as domestic consumer markets for their products.
The world's most progressive retailers deploy CAST to identify optimal distribution infrastructures for their national supply chain networks, particularly as they expand product ranges; store configurations and respond to changing demands and costs. Retailers are also using CAST to design supply chains for overseas market expansion, home delivery networks and to evaluate alternative and collaborative sourcing strategies.
- Map Displays: CAST uses advanced GIS mapping functionality to visualise and validate the supply chain, thereby enhancing visibility & understanding of supply and demand data.
- Centre of gravity modelling: Used to identify new warehouse locations & warehouse configurations given supply and demand volumes by location.
- Service Lead Time Analysis: Used to consider service levels and transport lead-times across global road networks for each warehouse configuration tested.
- Cost modelling & optimization: CAST uniquely offers 2 solving approaches, a cost minimising heuristic and a Mixed Integer Programming Optimizer (MIPO). Both are used to evaluate & identify the ‘preferred’ or optimal supply chain configuration and to calculate the Total Cost to Market for each customer product group record.
- Carbon Emissions Modelling: CAST-CO2 allows a user to calculate the carbon emissions of any given supply chain. This allows the comparison of cost, service level and CO2 across scenarios.
- Reporting: The Report Generator permits viewing of detailed PDF reports, customised exporting of results into Microsoft Excel, Access or CSV file format and interrogation of unit costs by supply chain component for each scenario in the Scenario Comparison Browser.