... stopping manipulation
In EN 1088 legislators require that manipulation protection on safety devices be guaranteed. If non-coded sensors are used, designers are required to guarantee this through concealed installation.
With PSENcode, protection against manipulation is built into the switch:
The safety switch and actuator work together in such a way that the enable from the safety device is only triggered if the actuating element is within the switch’s response range and the code number on the actuator matches that of the switch. Two versions of this key lock principle are available: for use with any actuator or with an actuator that is uniquely assigned to the PSENcode.
So PSENcode non-contact, coded safety switches are suitable for safe monitoring of a movable guard. If the guards are opened, the PSENcode safety switches are triggered and the hazardous machine movement is stopped via the Pilz evaluation device. So you have a complete solution that's safe and approved, all from the one source.
- For particularly high safety requirements and ideal for metal processing machinery
- The main application area for all PSENcode non-contact coded safety switches is found in classic mechanical engineering. The switches ensure that an open safety gate or unsafe position is detected and the machine stopped. For example they can be used to monitor safety gates on lathes or punching machines or to monitor safely the position of rams or carts on machine tools.
- Due to its non-magnetic action principle, the PSENcode is particularly suitable for use on metal processing plant and machinery.
- Solutions tailored specifically for your industry
- Our Industry solutions are contains sample solutions for typical uses and applications in your industry.
- From one source, a complete, co-ordinated solution from Pilz that's economical and safe, with BG approval in accordance with EN 60947-5-3 for applications up to Category 4 (EN 954-1), PL e (prEN ISO 13849-1) or SIL3 (EN IEC 62061)
- High level of safety with just one switch, up to Category 4 of EN 954-1
- Highest level of manipulation protection via coding of switch and counterpart
- Cost-effective thanks to the ability for series connection up to Category 4 of EN 954-1 and longer product service life as it is mechanically non-wearing
- Flexibility and speed during installation plus high availability for your plant thanks to
- Compact design
- Five actuation directions,
- Long switching distances
- Plug-in cable and
- Status indicators that are clearly visible
- Insensitive to shock and vibration
- Can also be used where there is heavy soiling and where strict hygiene regulations are in place, as the housing is insensitive to dirt, dust-tight and waterproof to IP67
Highest level of safety for your plant
- With PSENcode safety switches you can easily protect against defeat in accordance with VDE 0660. The possibility of operating the switch unintentionally is also excluded.
- Thanks to the coding of the switch and its counterpart, the PSENcode safety switch also offers manipulation protection that far exceeds the standard. A unique, fully coded version of the switch is available for particularly high safety requirements.
- Flexible, economical installation and operation
- Simple assembly and commissioning means your plant is available quickly. With just a single switch you can achieve safety up to Category 4 of EN 954-1. This saves on wiring, while providing maximum safety and the highest level of integral protection from manipulation.
- PSENcode safety switches ensure maximum freedom for installation, as they are insensitive to spring-back or swinging from safety gates. The high lateral offset is a benefit here, enabling greater tolerances on the installation dimensions.
- Plug-in cables ensure simple, quick wiring. Unlike mechanical switches, connection is quick and error-free using ready-made standard cables from Pilz. A protection type of up to IP67 can be achieved thanks to the use of M12/8 connectors with screw connection. Maintenance is therefore easier, as is exchanging the safety switch. Thanks to their small, compact structure, PSENcode safety switches can be integrated perfectly into the existing working environment.
- Safety in series up to Category 4 of EN 954-1
- PSENcode safety switches are also suitable for more complex plant or machinery, as it is possible to connect not just one but more than ten switches in series.
- The benefit of series connection: several safety gates on a plant or machine can be monitored using a single evaluation device. The status of individual safety gates - open or closed - can also be transmitted to the PLC via signal outputs or can be read directly at the switch or at the multiple interface via LEDs.
- Thanks to series connection, several safety gates on a plant or machine can be monitored safely using just a single evaluation device. Connect more than ten PSENcode safety switches in series and achieve Category 4 in accordance with EN 954-1. You can also combine mechanical switches into the series via plug-in terminals.
- Simple diagnostics using luminous LEDs
- On the PSENcode the status display, i.e. the indication of an open safety gate, can be read via the LEDs located on the housing. More comprehensive diagnostics are also possible through status display and monitoring of the series connection (input) and fault conditions.
- Transponder technology (non-magnetic action principle)
- Approved for safe applications up to Category 4 of EN 954-1
- Series connection approved up to Category 4 of EN 954-1
- 5 actuation directions
- Switching distances Son up to 17 mm
- Coded or fully coded actuator (unique code)
- Diagnostic interface with 3 LEDs
- Protection types IP65 and IP67
- M12 connector, 8 pin
- ATEX approval
- Approved with all Pilz evaluation devices