...maximum freedom for installation
Non-contact, magnetic safety switches are used to monitor the position of movable guards and also for general position monitoring.
PSENmag switches can be used in applications in which the risk analysis specifies a high category, where there is heavy soiling and where strict hygiene regulations need to be met. In applications in which it is difficult to align the gates accurately, where machine gates are subject to a high level of vibration and where large tolerances are required on start up - PSENmag switches are the right choice.
As the process is running, they ensure that the machine operates as long as the safety gate is closed and a safe position is maintained. If the movable guard is opened, your machine is shut down quickly via the Pilz evaluation device. Together you have a complete solution that's safe and approved, all from the one source.
- From one source: a co-ordinated, complete solution from Pilz that’s economical and safe, with BG approval to EN 60947-5-3 for applications up to Category 4 in accordance with EN 954-1
- High level of safety with just one switch, up to Category 4 (EN 954-1), PL "e" (PrEN ISO 13849-1) or SIL3 (EN IEC 62061)
- Possible to conceal installation to protect against defeat in accordance with VDE 0660
- Cost-effective thanks to the ability to connect in series and a long product service life as it is mechanically non-wearing
- Flexibility and speed during installation plus high availability for your plant thanks to
- compact design,
- long switching distances,
- plug-in cable and
- status indicators that are clearly visible
- Insensitive to shock and vibration
- Can also be used where there is heavy soiling and where strict hygiene regulations are in place, as the housing is insensitive to dirt, dust-tight and waterproof to IP67
As a solution supplier we can provide the optimum concept for safe, economical safety gate and position monitoring: non-contact safety switches on the input side in conjunction with proven evaluation devices, including safe relay, semiconductor and power outputs, on the output side.
The result is reliable, high-quality components and maximum compatibility. The sensors have a compact design and rugged housing, ensuring a simple, space-saving installation and a long product service life. Just one single PSENmag safety switch is sufficient for applications up to Category 4.
- Economical safety is our strength
With PSENmag safety switches you are choosing the safe, complete solution - use them in conjunction with Pilz evaluation devices and make your application safe, with BG approval in accordance with EN 60947-5-3 for applications up to Category 4 of EN 954-1.
- Highest level of safety for your plant
With PSENmag safety switches you can easily protect against defeat in accordance with VDE 0660. The possibility of operating the switch unintentionally is also excluded.
- Flexible, economical, installation and operation
Simple assembly and commissioning means your plant is available quickly. With just a single switch you can achieve safety up to Category 4 of EN 954-1. This saves on wiring, while providing maximum safety and the highest level of integral protection from manipulation.
PSENmag safety switches ensure maximum freedom for installation, as they are insensitive to spring-back or swinging from safety gates. The high lateral offset is a benefit here, enabling greater tolerances on the installation dimensions.
Plug-in cables ensure simple, quick wiring. Unlike mechanical switches, connection is quick and error-free using ready-made standard cables from Pilz. A protection type of up to IP67 can be achieved thanks to the use of M12/8 connectors with screw connection. Maintenance is therefore easier, as is exchanging the safety switch.
Thanks to their small, compact structure, PSENmag safety switches can be integrated perfectly into the existing working environment. With the square or round design, Pilz can provide the appropriate safety switch for every installation requirement.
- Safety in series up to Category 3 of EN 954-1
PSENmag safety switches are also suitable for more complex plant or machinery, as it is possible to connect not just one but more than ten switches in series. The benefit of series connection: several safety gates on a plant or machine can be monitored using a single evaluation device.
The status of individual safety gates - open or closed - can also be transmitted to the PLC via signal outputs or can be read directly at the switch or at the multiple interface via LEDs.
Thanks to series connection, several safety gates on a plant or machine can be monitored safely using just a single evaluation device. The safety interfaces PSEN ix1 and PSEN i1 enable you to cascade up to 48 PSENmag, depending on the evaluation device. Cage clamp terminals make this a particularly simple, fast and safe operation.
No additional wiring is required for the diagnostic and signal output, as the safety interface can be connected directly to the programmable safety systems (PLC), which signals the status of the safety gate via a status indicator.
- Simple diagnostics using luminous LEDs
On the PSENmag the status display, i.e. the indication of an open safety gate for example, can be seen from all sides thanks to the LEDs located on the base of the connector thread.
Key Product Features
- Magnetic action principle
- Approved for safe applications up to Category 4 of EN 954-1
- Version also available with approval for use in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with the ATEX directive
- Switching distances Son from 3 to 8 mm
- Suitable for series connection
- Square or round design
- Protection types IP65 and IP67
- With and without LED
- M8 connector, 4 pin
- Also available as a fixed cable version
- Approved with all Pilz evaluation devices