Interlock Pallet racking systems are designed to meet the new generation of warehouses up to 15m high, designed around the operating tolerances of VNA equipment with aisles marginally wider than the load. Such structures must have a high level of rigidity and accurate manufacturing tolerances. Interlock is designed to meet these requirements.
An increasingly wide range of equipment is now being marketed. The final choice depends on a number of factors – size of installation, throughput, order picking requirements, size and weight of loads, capital available etc.
Facts about VNA Pallet Racking System :
- Good Stock Rotation; Fast Picking rate
- Good Order picking; 100% selectivity
- Good product protection
- Average Floor area utilization - 50% net pallet area usage
- By increased operational height, can increase warehouse capacity by an additional 40% compared with Selective system
- Requires super flat floor [see specification below]
- Limited pallet redundancy as system can run at 95%+ capacity
- RF controls on the MH equipment will ensure maximum pallet cycles per hours
- Commonly used with Pick Up and Despatch [P&D] stations at end of each aisle.
- A smaller reach or counterbalance truck is generally used in conjunction with the operation of the VNA MH machine, to maximize operation when within the aisle.
Mechanical Handling Equipment:
1.Specialist VNA machine – requires super-flat floor surface
2.Operates within guide rails, standard or low profile, or use wire induction guidance system (maximum height of 15m)