Bestech Australia is introducing the new LA-27-A series LVDT linear position sensors ranging from 75 mm to 375 mm for valve position feedback in steam and hydro power plants, as well as use in heavy duty applications like factory automation, civil engineering, and fluid power systems. It is designed to handle power generation turbines environment and can operate in hostile factory environments such as lubricant and chemical mists, airborne grit and dust, and survive industrial wash downs. Mated with S1A DIN-rail-mountable LVDT signal conditioner, an LA-27-A LVDT becomes an ideal solution for heavy duty position sensing applications.
• Stock ranges from 75 mm to 375 mm
• Core enclosed in 9.5 mm diameter extension rod with 5/16-24 or 8 mm male threaded end
• 26.7 mm diameter heavy wall aluminum housing (stainless steel available)
• Two double-contact shaft seals keep out contaminants
• Heavy duty connector or cable termination
• Continuous operation to 120 °C
• Environmentally sealed to IEC IP-68
The LVRTs and LVDTs used on steam control and transfer valves, for example, a GE 119C9638, 119C9639, and 196C8768, or a Westinghouse 738J204, can all be replaced with this much heavier duty sensor. A really common problem with current GE and Westinghouse models is that the core vibrates and breaks off from its extension rod. However, the core of an LA-27-A is totally enclosed in an extension rod assembly from which it can never break loose, while offering a sturdy male thread for easy mechanical connection. An LA-27-A series LVDT can be installed with provided mounting clamps that can be fastened using the same holes as utilized for the GE steam turbine LVRTs.
• Stainless steel housing
• External auxiliary shaft seals
• Mild radiation resistant version for nuclear power plants (30 Mrads for 40 years)
• Mounting hardware including flanges, single hole mounting kits, swivel rod eye ends,
ball joints, extension rods, holddown clamps, and tie bars for dual-mounted LVDTs
• Radial connector or radial cable versions available as LA-25-R Series