Furnace Engineering together with Ipsen offers a wide range of Vacuum Furnaces that cater for a huge variety of heat treatment processes including:
- Bright hardening, annealing or tempering
- Solution annealing
- Hard and high-temperature soldering
- AvaC® (low-pressure carburising)
- Plasma nitriding or carburising
The furnace is designed for cost-effective operation. The low energy consumption and emission comply with the strictest environmental standards.
- Optimum hardness
- Bright surface
- Surface free from oxidation and decarburisation
- Low distortion (for complex geometries)
- Consistency & high quality
- Suitable for a wide variety of materials
Different types of horizontal, vertical, single or multi-chamber furnaces are available. They can be fitted with convection-type systems to increase throughput by reducing heat-up time and ensuring optimum temperature homogenity.
The Vacuum Furnaces can be fitted with the Ipsen convective heating system which will reduce heating time by 30% (for convective heat transfer up to 850°C) and shortening subsequent tempering cycles by up to 50%. Further, gas consumption is reduced as quenching gas is used as convective heat transfer medium during tempering.