The Furnace Engineering gas-fired Aluminium Swarf Melting & Holding Furnace is designed for the high efficiency melting of dry aluminium chips for the recycling industry.
It is energy efficient, reduces harmful emissions and has many safety features.
The complete Remelting Furnace system normal include:
- Feed rate of at least 500 kg/hr.
- Chip or shredder to cut long strands of swarf.
- Centrifuge for recycling of cutting fluids.
- Drier for removal of residual moisture before furnace charging.
- Handling equipment for transport of chips between each station.
- Remelt furnace.
- Low energy consumption
- High quality non-wetting refractories provide longer lining life
- Superior insulation result in low furnace casing temperatures
- Metal pouring below the bath surface
- Load cell weighing system to control charging and melting sequence
- Tilt frame and hydraulic control system for lip axis pouring
- Charge well with stirring for more complete melting of chips
Furnace Control Panel
Regenerative thermal oxidizers (RTO) offer superior heat recovery characteristics versus any other oxidation system. RTO uses recovered energy to pre-heat incoming process air to oxidation temperatures resulting in lowers operating costs. RTOs are particularly effective for processes with low solvent loading.
The PLC Master Control is fully programmed to control and monitor:
- Chamber & Bath temperature
- Aluminium metal level
- Stirring control
- Gas consumption
The burner system is designed utilising medium speed burners with integrated ignition and ionisation control.
Robust construction with selected insulating materials for maintaining positive seal when closed and easy access for cleaning.
The furnace includes a compact charge well with removable impellors designed to ensure that chips are drawn into a vortex and not oxidised on the surface of the melt.