Furnace Engineering together with Ipsen International offers a wide range of Vacuum Furnaces for a variety of heat treatment processes including:
- Bright hardening, annealing, tempering
- Hard and high-temperature soldering
- Solution annealing
- AvaC® (low-pressure carburising)
- Plasma nitriding & carburising
The Ipsen Furnaces are designed for cost-effective operation. The low energy consumption and emission comply with strict environmental standards.
The key benefits are:
- Optimum hardness
- Bright surfaces
- Surface layers free from oxidation and decarburisation
- Low distortion also for complex geometries
- Consistently high quality
- Suitable for a wide variety of materials
Different types of horizontal & vertical single or multi-chamber furnaces are available. They can be fitted with convection-type systems for increasin throughput by reducing heat-up time and ensuring optimum temperature homogeneity.
The vacuum furnaces can also be fitted with the Ipsen convective heating system. This can reduce heating time by 30% (for convective heat transfer up to 850°C) and shortening subsequent tempering cycles by up to 50%. Further, gas consumption is reduced as quenching gas is used as convective heat transfer medium during tempering.