- is Machinable with ordinary metal working tools
- allows Fast Turnaround, no firing required
- holds Tight Tolerances, to 0.01 mm / 0.0005 in.
- withstands High Temperature, up to 1000 °C
- is Vacuum Compatible, no outgassing and zero porosity
With MACOR ® Machinable Glass Ceramic, fabrication is fast - because it can be machined into complicated shapes and precision parts with ordinary metal working tools, quickly and inexpensively, and it requires no firing after machining.
MACOR ® is available in round bar, sheet or rectangular bar.
|Coefficient of expansion||100 x 10-7/ °C|
|Continuous operating temperature||800 °C (1000 °C, no load)|
|Hardness||48 Rockwell A|
|Flexural Strength||94 MPa|
|Volume resistivity||Over 1016 ohm-cm at 25 °C, over 107 at 400 °C.|
|Good resistance to common acids and alkalis, even at 95 °C.|
The Point is This:
When you need the performance of a technical ceramic - (high use temperature, electrical resistivity, zero porosity) - and your application demands the ready fabrication of a complicated shape, look for MACOR® Machineable Glass Ceramic.
MACOR is a registered trademark of Corning Incorporated.