Commonly used in meat & poultry, snack & health, seafood's, confectionery, pet food, ice cream, biscuits/cookies, bread dough's, Arancini, filled fish cakes, bread encased products and fruit bars.
The KN551 is the current premiere single head encrusting model. It features faster speed, a new control panel, and a new conveyor option to facilitate high speed production of small filled items to 100 pieces per minute over previous models. Of big interest to existing Rheon owners are stainless steel hoppers to replace the plastic ones.
How it works
The basic concept of the Rheon machines are to combine any two materials - one as an outside casing and the second as a filling. The machine extrudes the two materials as a continuous extrusion and a shutter device, not unlike a camera iris, cuts and seals the extrusion to the desired weights and/or lengths.
There are several models of encrusters but all work on the same principles. The model KN-551 is the current model featuring lower height design, easier dismantling for cleaning with fewer parts than the earlier machines. The KN550 it is based on has proved to be extremely reliable as well.
Primary products straight from the machine can be balls, logs (closed ends), or cut extrusions such as sausage rolls and fruit bars.
A huge range of secondary shaping equipment is available to further refine the product shape and appearance.
Variations on these basic machine functions
- The ability to deliberately leave the top of a ball product open by using a special shutter. This allows the filling to be seen. This was developed primarily for producing individual portion pizza's but will find other applications as well.
- The ability to use different shaped ring & nozzle sets so as to have other than round continuous extrusions or logs. The can be square, triangular or almost any shape including open topped where the filling is a layer on the second material (casing) rather than be enclosed by it.
- The ability to make the filling into pictures or mosaics. This is primarily used for biscuits where teddy bears or smiley faces can be produced with two different coloured (and flavoured) biscuit dough's.
- The ability to add a second filling into the centre. The second filling (or third material) must be of a paste or thick liquid type nature. An example may be to produce the round potatoe ball with a meat filling, and a dash of tomatoe sauce in the centre of the meat.
- The ability to place a solid object inside the case material, with or without a filling around it. This could be a sweet pastry, with chocolate filling and a strawberry in the centre. It may be an Olive in the centre of a ball of meat.
Arrange a Free Demonstration.
Rheon offer test kitchen facilities in Japan for a potential or existing customer to use to try products and refine them to their specifications. Most of our customers use these facilities as Rheon do not charge for this service or for the materials used. This means that a customer can fully test his product for only the cost of an airfare and a couple of nights accommodation.
This is a significant advantage for the customer as:
- They can see their product running and know it will work the way they visualised it. They can bring back samples, or if it is a quarantined product, they can take photo's or video's to bring back.
- We obtain a full list of the components used, which means there is no guesswork involved and also we can supply an accurate quotation. If any special parts are required, we become aware of it.
- Start production immediately on receiving the machine instead of facing long development on an unfamiliar machine.
- A typical visit will only take 1.5 days of testing. This means a customer can leave for Japan on a weekend, test on Monday and Tuesday morning, fly back over Tuesday night and be back in Australia/NZ on Wednesday morning with a fully developed product that he knows will run.
As the authorised Rheon dealer, we can arrange a test session at Rheon on request.As the authorised Rheon dealer, we can arrange a test session at Rheon on request. Simply call or use the IndustrySearch e-mail to get in touch with us.
As the authorised Rheon dealer, we can arrange a test session at Rheon on request.
*subject to Covid global and transport conditions.