Messages is a powerful workflow communication tool for your manufacturing business. It transmits important information to the appropriate person, either within or outside of your company, using the familiar features of e-mail. For example, you can automatically send an e-mail message to your customer when you ship their order. In addition to e-mail, Messaging also delivers alerts to user workstations, pagers, cellular phones, printers, and fax machines.
You define the important events within the manufacturing process that trigger Infor VISUAL Enterprise to create and transmit messages to key personnel. This allows your employees to focus on other business without the necessity of constantly “checking in”, while ensuring that they will be informed of, and can act on, critical information.
- Generate and route automatic messages to one or more recipients based on events that occur within Infor VISUAL Enterprise.
- Specify standard messages, or define your own variable content message.
- Include binary data, pictures, bitmaps, and text documents.
- Direct messages to company e-mail, Internet e-mail, user workstations,
pagers, cellular phones, printers, and fax machines.
- Choose between multiple event types, including user-defined queries.
- Set up automatic database queries.
- Request status information on messages.