The Lot & Serial Traceability module was designed for manufacturers who require more stringent control over product tracking. Lot & Serial Traceability provides this control by creating a trace record (known as a Trace Profile) for each lot number, serial number, or other grouping of a part, and by automatically tracking each part as it flows through your plant. You can assign additional information including a description, expiration date, and other user-definable fields.
Within Infor VISUAL Enterprise, Lot & Serial Traceability tracks the part from receipt of materials from the vendor through delivery of the product to the customer, as well as all intermediate levels. As jobs move through the plant, operators are prompted for additional information when receiving and issuing material and reporting labor. Inquiry capabilities allow you to review the flow of material lots and serialized parts as they move through the manufacturing process.
- Customize part traceability requirementsand specify special tracking requirements by part.
- Assign alpha and numeric properties to trace parts.
- Assign lot numbers for purchased materials at receipt or for finished products coming from the shop floor.
- Track raw material lot numbers.
- Use the description, expiration date, and ten user-defined fields to track
information for each lot.
- Assign serial numbers to finished products and components used within a
Bill of Material.
- Trace a customer shipment back to the raw material lot used to produce the
- Perform online inquiries by part for lot numbers and serial numbers received or shipped as well as inventory balances.