Whether you require small or large quantities, you can depend on Ames Direct. By manufacturing new custom rollers, you benefit from:
- Ability to design your machine knowing we can customise rollers to fit (we can provide you with proprietary parts);
- Manufacture is kept local to support the economy, rather than sent overseas;
- Fast and efficient leadtime.
This is a common, effective solution that retains the original shaft of the roller, and we will remove worn or damaged coating, and refurbish to ‘as new’ condition. Benefits include:
- Reduce costs (only roller material replaced);
- Reduce outlay (smaller quantities economical);
- Improve performance (we can actually make a recovered roller better than new by altering the compound);
- Decrease capital expenditure (keep ageing machines operating).
We serve a vast range of industries with our specialised roller and component
- Food & Beverage
- Mail handling
- Materials Handling
- General engineering
- Utility companies
- Racing & Wagering
- Plastic Card manufacture
- General Production Lines
- Waste Water Treatment
- And more …
The vast array of situations requires a range of materials to be available, and we have a large quantity of different material types.
- Polyurethane in all hardnesses from 30a to 93a duro. A superior replacement to rubber with excellent abrasion resistance and outstanding durability.
- Rubbers in many different hardnesses and types, such as EPDM, Nitrile, NBR, natural and foam.
- Silicone for exceptional temperature applications (-80°C to +260°C).
- Engineered plastics such as nylon, acetal, and UHMWPE for applications requiring a harder product.
Both hard and softer materials can be machined to exacting tolerances, in any shape
or form. Roller shafts range from stainless and mild steel to self-lubricating plastics such as cast nylons, acetals and UHMWPE.
It is important to have a clear understanding of the purpose of each roller in any situation. By having Ames inspect an application, a recommendation can be given. We manufacture all types of rollers.
- Drive Rollers
- Feed Rollers
- Multi-tyred rollers
- Retard rollers
- Idler Rollers
- Cable Rollers
- Guide Rollers
- Applicator Rollers
- Profile Rollers