The new standard in temperature control...
Omron has been an active innovator in temperature control since introducing its first temperature controller in 1967. Now temperature control has taken a giant leap forward with Omron's next generation of controllers - the E5C, which set new global standards in the crucial areas of precision, user friendliness and control performance. The E5C series will save you time and effort in set-up and operation, while enabling faster and more accurate monitoring/control of your process. The high-visibility display of the new series is also extremely easy to read and virtually eliminates any possibility for human error.
- High-contrast, white LCD display visible from large distances and from any angle
- Easy to set up, and operate intuitively via CX-Thermo without power supply
- 50 ms sampling period for fast and precise regulation
- Functions for diagnosis for secure operations *
- Useful timer and logic operation functions eliminating the need of a PLC
* Alarm for loop break or PV change rate, heater burnout or sensor burnout detection
...is higher in every respect
Clearer LCD display
The large, high-contrast, white LCD display contributes to the exceptional clarity and therefore readability of the E5C series. The display can be read unambiguously from greater distances and from much wider viewing angles than normal.
Easy set-up and operation
Coupled with the autotuning algorithms, which greatly reduce set-up and commissioning time, Omron’s CX-Thermo support software has been specially developed for use with the E5C series. This enables faster parameter set-up, easier device adjustment and simpler maintenance.
Although intrinsic high sampling speed and high precision are built into the E5C series, Omron's 2-PID control is a key factor behind the advantage it offers over standard controllers. Using a powerful algorithm, it makes all the difference to control stability and thus the quality of your products.
Easy-to-read White Characters with Large Display Size *1
Big white characters on a black background achieve superior visibility.
You can quickly and reliably check the PV from wide viewing angles, with natural light or in the subdued lighting conditions.
Character Height *1 (White PV)
E5GC: 10.5 mm
E5CC: 15.2 mm
E5EC: 18 mm
E5AC: 25 mm
The display remains easy to read even from wide viewing angles.
The compact and space-saving design of the new E5C controller generation requires less panel depth (60 mm)*2, allowing quick snap-mounting and easy installation even under very cramped conditions.
*2 Excluding E5GC/E5DC/E5CC-U
Thanks to the IP66 protection*3 of the front cover, the E5C can withstand humid environments and also be cleaned with non-aggressive fluids.
*3 Excluding E5DC/E5CC-U
Shift Key to Reduce the Setting Work Required to Enter Values
For example, to set 100°C, it was previously necessary to increment one degree at a time with a key, but with the shift key ( <<PF ), you can instantly change the digit. This simplifies numeric entry at worksite.
Easy to connect, set-up and operate
USB Bus Power Eliminates the Need for a Power Supply
Even if you don't connect a power supply to the Controller, power is supplied from the computer.
Easy connections to a PLC with programless communications.
- The amount of work to set up the system is greatly reduced.
- PLC programming and memory are not required for communications.
- Communications even with multiple Temperature Controllers are automatically executed by the Temperature Controllers.
- Interface converters are not required, which reduces costs.
- Number of connected Digital Temperature Controllers: 32 max. (Up to 16 for the FX Series)
More Convenient Operations
The parameters can be copied from the master Temperature Controller to slave Temperature Controllers.
Master Temperature Controller can share RUN/STOP commands and set points with slave Temperature Controllers. Slope and offsets can be set for the set point.