Konecranes' RailQ Runway Survey is the safest, fastest and most accurate runway survey available. It has been designed to deliver accurate information on the alignment of a crane rail, and expert recommendations for any needed corrective actions.
RailQ is also used for aesthetic and dynamic testing, to diagnose some very common issues for factory cranes. In this scenario, the runway is first measured when cranes are idle, and then measured again with the crane driving behind the robot carrying a full load. The data collected shows the difference between the unloaded and loaded situation of the runway.
Some reasons why a crane does not travel correctly on the runway include:
- Rail may be misaligned or worn
- Clips may be missing
- Pads may be worn
- Runway structure is uneven, bent or twisted due to column settlement, overloads or impacts
- Improper installation
A typical Konecranes RailQ Runway Survey includes:
- A visual inspection of the crane runway
- Measurement of the alignment of your crane runway.
- Calculations based on measured data with proprietary analysis and visualization software
- 3D and 2D visualizations of the runway rails
- Identification of straightness, span or elevation issues
- Konecranes engineers review all collected data and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
One of the major benefits of Konecranes’ RailQ service is that it’s a one-stop-shop. Instead of approaching three companies – a surveyor, an engineer, and a data analysis expert – Konecranes can do all three components and in most cases present the results within 24 hours.