Dense phase pneumatic conveyors are recognized for increasing plant efficiencies, saving companies by providing a cost effective means of conveying material from storage hoppers for processing.
They utilise compressed air to convey free-flowing materials at low velocities over relatively short distances. The air is supplied via an air compressor or from one of our LT series “Roots” type blowers.
Benefits of a dense phase conveying system
- Lower Running Costs - dense phase systems have few working parts & maintenance costs are usually very low
- Space Savings - pneumatic piping can be routed along walls and ceilings resulting in more floor space
- Facilitates Bulk Purchasing - lower costs of raw materials
- Better Housekeeping - dense phase conveying virtually eliminates all wastage and spillage - it is clean and economical
- Increased Safety - operators are protected from the hazards of dust and exposed machinery
Suitable products for dense phase conveying include:
- fly ash
- paper scraps
- polyethylene pellets
- polymer flake
- powdered coal
- soya beans
- washing powder
These products are examples only and are not by any means exclusive. Basically, dense phase pneumatic conveying can be used with most powder and granular products.