The new product from Keyence PLC’s KV-P Series Panel-Mounting, presented by Veederline is a built-in-display type PLC. The reversible three-colour display and message panel is fast in this class and has a minimum scan time of 140 µs.
The application / functions are as follows:
- Double display panels: The built-in-display PLC has a double panel with dual display constructions. Each part can be used to display items independently; one for data on the outturn quantity and processing time, one for an alarm and work instruction messages.
- Data access panel: The data access panel allows access to the built-in devices of the PLC. Therefore, for example, conventional timers and counters can be replaced with the built-in counters and timers of the PLC. The data access panel can be used as a message panel as well.
- Reversible three-colour display: Green, red, and orange can be displayed in combination with the complementary colours (reversal colours of them), which allows versatile display expressions for normal and error conditions.
- Message panel: The message panel makes it possible to display messages freely. For example, work instruction, equipment condition, and alarm messages can be displayed with ease. Furthermore, a number of message selections are possible for each page by using the F1 to F5 keys. The message panel can be used as a data access panel as well. A maximum of 128 pages can be set in each panel.
- Scroll function: The double display panels have a scroll function. If the number of characters set in either one of the display panels is excessive, the message can be scrolled, which makes it possible to give easy-to-understand work instruction and equipment condition messages to the workers.
- Fastest model in this class: With a minimum scan time of 140 µs and a minimum instruction execution time of 0.7 s., the KV-P series inherits the performance of the KV series with an established reputation for its high-speed performance, thus supporting high-speed control requirements.
- As high-function counters/timers: Easily displays a maximum of 128 counters/timers incorporated by the PLC. The two built-in 2-phase high-speed counters along with built-in normal speed counters and timers are displayed on either display panel. Furthermore, these timer and counter values can be checked or changed on the display panel. Unlike conventional counters or timers, these timers allow a number of output settings, thus supporting a wider range of applications. Also, by using the high-speed counter, the panels can be applied to speed measurement and high-speed sectional counting.
- As Cam switch: Used as a simple cam switch. The built-in-display PLC enables inexpensive rotary encoders to work like cams. By just connecting a rotary encoder and writing a specified angle to the specified DM, the relay will be turned ON or OFF at the specified angle. A maximum of 32 points can be set in one-degree increments, which eliminates the use of expensive cam switches. As long as the precision satisfies the application, it is ideal for a reduction in cost.
- As revolution indicator: Measures the revolution frequency of gears and rotary encoders without complicated programs. By setting the frequency count cycle in milliseconds in the dedicated DM, the result of measurement will be automatically stored in the DM. The result can be displayed on the data access panel. As a pulse generator: Ensures ease of motor control. The specified frequency can be shown with no programs required, which allows ease of speed control on the front panel. Furthermore, the built-in-display PLC incorporates a practically arranged positioning function, thus making motor control possible with no expensive positioning unit used.
The differentiating features are:
- Easy-to-use and easy-to-see the KV-P is ideal for on-site use
- Does not require any switches or lamps to be laid out or modified
- Does not require any wiring and greatly reducing the number of installation steps
- Caters to a wide variety of requirements like an alarm display, equipment conditions, and operational instructions, thus offering ease of use and conspicuousness