If you require a membrane switch - you MUST consider the Duraswitch Pushgate.
Duraswitch PushGate is manufactured by Markit Graphics under license to Duraswitch Industries of Arizona USA.
It's unique patented pushbutton design combines the advantages of discrete mechanical and flat panel membrane switches with a host of other benefits that make it ideal for next-generation products
The unique cantilver action of the armature allows the crisp tactile feel to remain even when using thick overlays, such as when an electroluminescent panel or RFI Shield is mounted above the switch layer.
The thin profile PushGate pushbuttons are cost effective and simple in design. Nothing in the marketplace today comes close to this technology for reliability and durability. Its crisp, consistent tactile feel does not degrade over time differentiating it substantially from conventional mechanical and membrane switches.
By using the patented Duraswitch Island® integration construction design, our PushGate pushbuttons, thiNcoder® Rotor and MagnaMouse™ multi-directional control, can all be combined in one flex circuit less than 3mm thick.
CRISP, CONSISTENT TACTILE FEEL
- Superior tactile feel does not degrade over time or use
- Set your product line apart from your competition by giving your keypad a high-quality feel
DURABILITY AND RELIABILITY
- 30 MILLION plus actuations
- Ideal replacement for tac or metal dome switches
- Impossible to "tease", (Click = Closure)
- No Bending or flexing parts to fail
- Easily integrated with other switch products including thiNcoder ™ RT and MagnaMouse ™ product lines
- Flex circuit or PCB compatible
- Eliminate costly wire harnesses from your electrical designs
VARIOUS OVERLAY OPTIONS
- Perfect for polyester or elastomer overlays, as well as metal and plastic key caps
- Can be used in conjunction with Duraswitch's patented magnetically coupled removable overlay
FULL KEY ILLUMINATION OPTIONS
- Maintains crisp tactile feel with EL, Fiberoptics, and LED backlighting
HIGH IMPACT CONSTRUCTION AVAILABLE
- Superior performance where keypads are subject to abuse or vandalism
LARGE KEYS AVAILABLE
- Flat panel key specs up to 2" x 3" active key area
CAN BE ENVIRONMENTALLY SEALED
- Superior performance in harsh environments
RAPID ACTUATION RESPONSE
- Fast actuation capability
ABLE TO TOLERATE EXTREME TEMPERATURES
CUSTOMIZED DESIGN OPTIONS
- Normally closed or open designs
- Dual output available for redundancy or multi-function switching
- Multiple armatures and constructions available for various key sizes and spacing