The Secret To Keeping Electronics Cool!
EXAIR Cabinet Coolers stop electronic control downtime due to heat, dirt and moisture, and maintain NEMA 4, 4X and 12 integrity.
When hot weather causes the electronics inside a control cabinet to fail, there is a panic to get the machinery up and running again. The operator might choose to simply open the panel door and aim a fan at the circuit boards. In reality, the fan ends up blowing a lot of hot, humid, dirty air at the electronics and the cooling effect is minimal. If the machinery starts functioning again, the likelihood of repeated failure is great since the environment is still hot (and threatens permanent damage to the circuit boards). Worse yet, that open panel door is a safety violation that presents a shock hazard to personnel.
The Real Solution!
Stop electronic downtime! EXAIR has a complete line of low cost Cabinet Coolers. They mount in minutes through an ordinary electrical knockout and have no moving parts to wear out. Thermostat control to minimise compressed air use is available for all models. All EXAIR Cabinet Coolers are UL Listed and CE Compliant.
NEMA 12 (IP54) Cabinet Coolers for large heat loads up to 5,600 Btu/hr. are ideal for PLC’s, line control cabinets, CCTV cameras, modular control centers, etc.
- Mounts top, side or bottom
- Enclosure remains dust-tight and oil-tight
NEMA 4 and 4X (IP66) Cabinet Coolers for large heat loads up to 5,600 Btu/hr. are ideal for PLC’s and modular controls.
- Enclosure remains dust-tight, oil-tight and splash resistant
- Suitable for wet locations where coolant spray or hose down can occur
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor service
Type 316 Stainless Steel Cabinet Coolers for NEMA 4X (IP66) applications are available for heat loads up to 5,600 Btu/hr.
- Resists harsh environments not suitable for Type 303/304
- Ideal for food and chemical processing, pharmaceutical, foundries, heat treating and other corrosive environments
The Mini NEMA 12, 4 and 4X Cabinet Coolers for small heat loads up to 550 Btu/hr. are ideal for control panels, relay boxes, laser housings and electronic scales.
- Measures 127mm (5”) high
- Mounts top, side or bottom
- Enclosure remains dust-tight and oil-tight (NEMA 12) and splash resistant (NEMA 4 and 4X)
High Temperature Cabinet Coolers for NEMA 12, 4 and 4X applications are available for heat loads up to 5,600 Btu/hr.
- Suitable for ambients up to 93°C
- Ideal for mounting near ovens, furnaces, and other hot locations
Non-Hazardous Purge Cabinet Coolers keep a slight positive pressure on the enclosure to keep dirt from entering through small holes or conduits.
- Uses only 1 SCFM in purge mode
- For heat loads up to 5,600 Btu/hr.
- NEMA 12, 4 and 4X
EXAIR Cabinet Coolers have no moving parts to wear out, eliminating maintenance concerns and making them virtually impervious to hostile environments.
Wastewater treatment, chemical processing, food processing, paper manufacturing, steel mills and power generation are just a few of the facilities benefitting from this simple, yet effective technology.