AccuWeigh displayed the latest in axle overload protection for light commercial vehicles at the Construction and Machinery Show held in Perth recently. The VanWeigh system from Vishay PM OnBoard is designed for two axle vehicles under 7.5 T GVM and was shown fitted to Isuzu’s NPR 200 series 3.5 tonne tipper for demonstration to clients at the show.
Each axle is monitored with an environmentally-sealed electronic sensor which monitors the load applied to each axle. The information is then
displayed to the driver on the twin channel digital indicator and an audible alarm sounds if the total vehicle or axle weight maximum is infringed.
The driver is alerted to three conditions:
- SAFE -indicates loads up to 90% either front or rear axle and total load
- WARNING -indicates loads between 90% and 100%
- OVERLOAD -alerts the driver to an axle load infringement up to 110% of Full Scale Deflection
VanWeigh has no moving parts and is not susceptible to wear or slipping out of calibration because of stretched springs, which are common in other axle protection systems. The VanWeigh indicator is a lightweight display, suitable for a variety of vehicles from 1 tonne to 7.5 tonne GVW.
- Accuracy +/ - 3% FSD (90-100%)
- Simple to operate
- Axle overload protection
- Gross overload protection
- Balanced load distribution
- Maximise payload capacity
- Operating tolerance of vehicle (braking)
- Possible increased fuel consumption
- Vehicle wear and tear
- Protect your licence
- Avoid fines
- Avoid overload endorsements
The Izuzu NPR 200 series used at the show was kindly loaned by Major Motors Perth.
AccuWeigh is Australia’s largest industrial weighing company with branches in all mainland states to provide local state based backup and support.
Vishay PM Onboard is based in the UK and is a leader in the design, manufacture and service of onboard vehicle weighing systems and associated software for the bulk haulage, waste management and recycling industries.