The MultiPac photoelectric sensor is designed for challenging applications which require detection of very shiny and irregular targets. Some examples are PET Bottles, food & beverage packets, glass or metal surfaces. These surfaces redirect the emitted light away from the sensor causing signal interruption. Using two independent receivers coupled with the newest chip technology, the MultiPac delivers reliable detection of these targets. Additionally, film wrapped pallets and other targets in the logistics branch can be detected using a higher angle of incidence. This removes the typical mounting restrictions associated with detecting these products. Thanks to its twin detection technology and flexible mounting, the MultiPac eliminates machine downtime due to loss of detection.
At a glance
- Two redundant receiver arrays from SICK
- The newest SICK chip technology
- Intense, visible red HighPower LED
- Sensing distance up to 500 mm
- Fast and precise commissioning thanks to the highly visible light spot
- Redundant receiver arrays provide reliable detection of shiny, gloss, dark, or irregular shaped objects without signal interruptions
- Products can be detected using a higher angle of incidence. This removes the typical mounting restrictions associated with detecting these products.
- In applications involving plastic wrapped bottles, the MultiPac replaces current solutions which require expensive mechanical height adjustment
- Allows overhead detection of product that is transported on a single conveyor belt but seperated into multiple lanes