Digital or analog mass flow meters, regardless of manufacturer, serve a single purpose...to measure the flow of gases through a system. Mass flow meters must be accurate, versatile, dependable and cost effective.
The Alicat Scientific's M series digital / analog mass flow meter was designed to meet and exceed the requirements that customers place on mass flow meters:
Alicat M series mass flow meters were designed to be used as a stand-alone device. With the native display, a user can easily change the configuration of the meter without the need for computers, complicated software or scripts.
Alicat M series mass flow meters can be configured with an accuracy spec of up to +/-(0.4% of reading + 0.2% of full scale) with a high-accuracy calibration. Standard calibrations are rated at +/-(0.8% of reading + 0.2% of full scale)
Reduced Cost of Ownership
Alicat M series and V series flow meters require very little power to run thereby reducing operating costs. M and V series flow instruments also have less pressure drop when compared to similar flow devices. Reduced pressure drop means more process fluids go into your process and not into your measurement devices. The M series mass flow meters also measure pressure, temperature and volumetric flow in addition to mass flow which means fewer instruments you will have to buy and install. Adding a totalizer allows users to see how much media has flowed through the system, making it a great way to monitor usage and identify waste.
M series mass flow meters are available in any flow range from 0.5SCCM through 1500SLPM. They are equipped with multiple analog outputs in addition to the RS-232 digital output. The M series meter can also be equipped with an Alicat 9V battery pack to make a stand alone secondary calibration standard or flow verification meter.
With a response time of under 10 milliseconds, Alicat mass flow meters respond more than twice as fast as your eye can blink.
The M series mass flow meter has a footprint of 2.37'X1.050' through 4.00'X1.60' making it easy to integrate into systems or to use as a stand-alone calibrator.
Alicat's patented technology allows its mass flow meters to have very few moving parts. All of the internal components are fixed in place resulting in very little physical change inside the mass flow meter. Little physical change in the flow cavity means higher rates of consistency and repeatability. Alicat M series mass flow meters have a repeatability of +/-0.2% of FS
There are currently over 22,000 Alicat products in service around the world. Alicat mass flow meters are being used in processes like leak detection, flow monitoring and atmospheric testing.
All Alicat Scientific mass flow meter calibrations are NIST traceable.
• Mass Flow
• Volumetric Flow
• Pressure (PSIA)
• Temperature (° Celsius)
• All measured parameters are displayed in real time on the digital display. Any measured parameter can be brought to the center of the screen. Remote displays are also available. Versatility
• Multiple process measurements in one device to reduce the need for other measurement devices.
• Response speed can be adjusted by the user to suit the application
• Multiple analog & digital outputs to make communicating with the device easier and less costly.
• 100:1 Turndown ratio allows the flow meter to measure flow at 1/100th of its full scale rating
• 30-Gas Select on all units reduces inventory requirements
• The max flow rate for the mass flow meter does not change, regardless of gas!
• "Tare" feature allows the user to zero the unit at any time
• Customizable units of measure for added ease of use
• Optional Remote Display allows for panel mount of the display with full push-button control in embedded applications
30 factory installed, user selectable, gas calibrations:
• Carbon Monoxide
• Carbon Dioxide
• Nitrous Oxide
• Sulfur Hexaflouride
• 75% Argon + 25% C02
• 90% Argon + 10% C02
• 92% Argon + 8% C02
• 98% Argon + 2% C02
• 75% Argon + 25% Helium
• 75% Helium + 25% Argon
• 75% CO2 + 25% Argon
• Helistar® A1025
• Stargon® CS
• 95% Argon + 5% CH4
• RS-232 output of all measured parameters
• RS-485 available
• Choice of analog output of main parameter
• 0-5Vdc, 1-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc, or 4-20mA
• Local Display
• Alternate STPs for mass units
• Lower pressure drops cut material costs.
• 0-10Vdc or 4-20mA outputs; 2 channels
• Gas blend calibrations
• Alternate units of measure (SCFM, SCFH, etc)
• Battery pack for portable operation
• Locking 6-pin electrical connection
• DB-15 connection
• No display units for OEMs
• Bi-directional flow capability