It’s easy to see a crane in a factory or warehouse and dismiss it as “just another crane.”
But with Gorbel Workstation cranes from Safetech the story is quite different.
Ordinary I Beam cranes are built to move a load without much thought to the effort required by the worker/operator.
Workstation cranes are designed with an entirely different goal – their design and performance is specifically intended to move the load and substantially reduce the effort and injury risk to the operator.
Gorbel Work Station Cranes are a proven way to improve productivity, increase quality, and provide a safer work environment.
More companies are using workstation bridge cranes to effectively solve their material handling problems and improve performance.
Not only do workstation bridge cranes solve handling problems, they also provide
users with several benefits including:
- Increased productivity – Gorbel Work Station Cranes help workers work more productively than traditional I-beam cranes. A study conducted by the Human Factors Laboratory at Rochester Institute of Technology for Gorbel shows that workstation cranes increase productivity up to 28 per cent compared with I-beam cranes. The productivity increase is possible because bridge cranes require less effort to move than I-Beam cranes. In most applications, particularly high cycle time applications, customers are able to cost justify the crane system with the productivity increases alone.
- Ease of movement and positioning – Gorbel Workstation Bridge Cranes can move a load three times more easily than a traditional I-beam crane. This ease of movement and positioning results from Gorbel’s unique enclosed track design, high strength-to- weight ratio, and rigid runways with anti-binding end trucks.
- Increased quality – Enclosed track cranes can increase the quality of goods while reducing the cost of damaged or rejected parts. Loads are so easy to move and position with workstation cranes, much of the damage that is done to the product during the manufacturing process is eliminated.
- Improved work force utilization – Gorbel Workstation Cranes can help you reach the typical ergonomic goal in material handling: Allowing a task to be performed by 90 per cent of your workers. (The Rochester Institute of Technology study commissioned by Gorbel shows that less than 10 per cent of men can safely handle a 2000kg load on a manual I- beam crane, but more than 99 per cent can do so on a Gorbel Work Station Crane.
- Modular Design – Gorbel’s pre-engineered modular kit design permits easy expansion or relocation. The runway length can be increased by adding runway sections, free standing support assemblies and additional bridges as needed.
- Better work force utilization – Since physical strength becomes less of an issue with Gorbel Workstation Cranes, you can better utilize your work force. This is especially true with today’s aging workforce and increase in female workers.
So now you may understand why not all cranes are the same.
A Safetech Gorbel crane combines productivity with safety and provides a double dividend to the worker and the business. Contact Safetech for a free quote.
Ph: 1800 674 566