trend in industry is to design and incorporate more automation into
production processes. Machines are becoming faster, more precise and rigid,
to withstand the dynamic loads necessary to increase capacity and
caused by material jams, operator error, or a whole range of unforeseen
reasons pose a signiﬁcant threat to profits due to machine or product damage,
and lost production.
To manage this
problem Nexen's patented MTL mechanical torque limiter isolates the driving
from the driven elements within a matter of milliseconds, once the torque
reaches a preset overload value.
After the problem
is cleared the torque limiter is reset and production continues.
MTL offers these features:
- Low cost
- Easily adjustable, in place, graduated torque setting
- Single, and multi-position options
- Auto reset, manual reset, and load holding options
- Compact design minimizes shaft length requirements
and allows smaller sprockets and pulleys
- Double bearing support of pulley or sprocket
- Keyed straight bore, or keyless compression bushing
- Pulley, sprocket, elastomer and bellows coupling
- Disengages in milliseconds
- Low/No residual friction when disengaged
- Sealed and corrosion resistant options available
- Low inertia
- Contactless overload sensor available
set of features makes Nexen's MTL a class leader.