Roland DG Corporation, a leader in wide-format UV-LED inkjet technologies, has released the new 64-inch (1625mm) LEJ-640 UV-LED inkjet printer.
The newest addition to Roland’s VersaUV line, the LEJ-640 prints CMYK, white and clear inks on a wide variety of flexible roll media and rigid substrates up to 13mm (.51”) thick.
The versatile LEJ-640 enables professionals to explore exciting new options for applications ranging from wide-format signage, displays and window graphics to POP, packaging prototypes and interior décor items.
“The LEJ-640 prints directly onto lightweight board and cardboard up to 13mm (.51”) thick, widely used for everything from decorated trade shows, POP, store displays and Real Estate signage,” says Conrad Birkett, Roland DG Business Development Manager. “As a hybrid printer, it also supports flexible roll media such as window film, banner, SAV and more. Innovative UV-LED lamps cure UV inks instantly, allowing users to finish graphics immediately without the delays associated with drying time.”
The LEJ-640 is equipped with a host of advanced features that together streamline the production workflow, including a mediasecuring mechanism that holds flat substrates in place. This mechanism ensures that the substrate’s form and surface finish remain intact, and supports even the thickest packaging materials. At 64 inches wide, the LEJ-640 allows users to quickly and easily create a wide variety of packaging prototypes - from folding cartons for cosmetics, medicine, electronic devices and software to flexible packaging such as for food and candy, with realistic details and finishes including custom varnishing and embossing effects.
- 64-inch hybrid UV-LED inkjet printer
- Prints on a wide variety of rigid substrates and flexible roll media up to 13 mm (.51”) thick and 1,625mm (64 inches) wide
- Easy to remove hybrid rigid media support tables for simple workflow change between rigid and flexible
- Produces highly customised graphics, including indoor signage, interior décor items, trade show displays, POP, large-format window graphics and small lot packaging prototypes
- Features ECO-UV inks in CMYK, highdensity White and Clear (Gloss, Matte or Emboss) for exceptional print quality
- Layers of Clear Gloss ink create both gloss and matte finishes including 72 ready-toapply geometric patterns from the Roland Texture Library in VersaWorks®
- High density White ink prints crisp, bright text and graphics on a range of colored and transparent media
- High-quality artistic print mode (1440 x 1440 dpi) rivals screen, gravure and offset print quality for applications that require sharp, detailed graphics and text
- Powerful, easy-to-use Roland VersaWorks® RIP software offers precision color management
- Energy efficient UV-LED lamps are cool to the touch for a safe printing environment
- Easy setup and maintenance
- Automated white ink circulation system prevents pigment from settling, minimises waste and ensures continuous uninterrupted printing
- Roland OnSupport allows remote online production tracking
Ph: 1800 500 119