Budpak recently installed an automatic bag closing line at Cotton Seed Distributors’ new Westbrook plant of near Toowoomba. The automatic bag closing line is part of a turnkey supply for filling, bag sealing, palletising and stretch wrapping lines as won by tender.
The Technipes LS-DP automatic bag closing line is suitable for medium to high speed factory production. Bag closing equipment installed included:
1. Translating arms to accept the bags from the bag fillers
2. A bag trainer to prepare the bags for the bag trimming unit
3. An inline folding station where the bag tops are double folded
4. A heat resistant chain conveyor transports bags through the heat sealer
5. A bag sealed using heat sealed adhesive tape to ensure a positive seal
6. A bag turner rotates the bags 90º and releases them down a gravity slide
7. The entire bag closing line is encased in removable panels for OH&S
Budpak supplied the open mouth bag filling line and also a complete palletising and wrapping line located on the floor below. Bud-Pak is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Accuweigh Pty Ltd, who are the sole Australian representative for Technipes SRL in Italy. Technipes has an extensive reference list worldwide in the flour industry, and hence an appropriate selection for this particular application.
Bud-Pak is one of Australia’s most respected brands of packaging equipment and has hundreds of existing palletizing, filling and stretch wrapping installations throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific.