Belden has introduced a new family of solar cables designed to support renewable energy initiatives. The cables are UL Type PV approved (UL 4703 USE-2 rated) for use as the interconnection wiring of grounded and ungrounded photovoltaic power systems.
Belden Solar Cables link together the solar panels found on solar farms, making the cables key to the transmission of electric energy from the solar panels to the transformers at the local energy storage substation and ultimately to the power grid and its commercial and residential electricity users.
- 18 to 8 AWG, single soft annealed tinned stranded copper conductors.
- XLPE insulation and sunlight-resistant black PVC jackets.
- Temperature rating from -40°C to 90°C.
- A maximum operating voltage of 600 or 1000 VRMS (UL PV) or 1000 VRMS (CSA RW 90).
- Optional construction available for 2000 VRMS RHW-2.
- Belden’s new Solar Cables are rated UL Type PV (photovoltaic) UL 4703 and USE-2.
The cables meet the VW-1 flame test, are CE approved and RoHS compliant.
Adam Callender, Belden’s regional manager South Pacific, said: “Our new line of Solar
Cables is just the beginning, signalling an ongoing plan to develop and bring to market
additional green technology products over the coming months.
“All our alternative energy solutions will, of course, reflect Belden’s long-standing
commitment to quality and consistency in product design and manufacturing.”
Ph: 1800 500 775