The 6pm nightly news format is a first in trade media and has created a much-needed media option for advertisers in the manufacturing space. Tim Webster is a national icon and he is the most well known news and sports journalist to the manufacturing demographic. Trade media does not traditionally use ‘Star Power’ for brand building, but the manufacturing videos with Tim as host ensure instant recognition for our advertisers.
We offer multiple formats of video to suit your company and its needs; these are featured below. All Industry Update videos are released through our eNews platform, on our YouTube channel and published on the Industry Update website.
Product videos are the most popular format of Industry Update video. Produced in a pack of 4 videos, each running for 60 seconds, Tim Webster delivers your product with a high level of integrity to your customer base.
All scripts are written by IU Editors, so you'll simply need to provide 5 bullet points, a web link, or a product release. We also provide you with a master copy for your own use.
How They Work
- Filmed in a 6pm nightly news format, bringing a high level of integrity to your brand.
- Tim’s 40 years of experience and well-known voice ensures unbeatable delivery of content. Tim is the best-known journalist to the manufacturing demographic.
- Released in the Industry Update E-Newsletter.
- Promoted on the IU Website and IU YouTube Channel.
- Clients are provided with a master copy for internal and web use.
- You'll first need to provide us with topics for each of the video. We will also need some information to support it, this can be in the form of a product brochure, web page, media release, or simply 5-6 bullet points to the Editor.
- Once the Editor has written the scripts, they will be sent to you for approval prior to filming.
- Product videos will be invoiced once the first script is approved.
- For each video, you will need to provide 4-5 high resolution images or video clips to be used as overlay. If advertisers require assistance in producing overlay content, we are able to film on location to ensure the best result.
- After the videos have been produced, you will need to review each video for approval prior to them being published online.
Case Study Videos
Industry Update Case Studies were introduced by popular demand in 2018. The importance of happy customers testifying to a product or service is huge! Buyers want to see what other customers are saying and how their experience has been. The Case Study format has driven high response and engagement rates and offers you a perfect platform to show your product in action.
Introduced by Tim Webster, the video cuts to an onsite interview hosted by an Industry Update reporter. We interview your client about the impact your product has made on their business and why they chose you as the supplier.
How They Work
- Released in the Industry Update E-Newsletter
- Promoted on the IU Search Engine and featured on the Industry Update YouTube Channel
- Case Studies run for a maximum of 3 and half minutes each.
- Clients are provided with a master copy for internal and online use.
- We travel interstate to meet your client and film onsite.
- First you will need to choose one of your clients who has implemented your product in their business.
- The Industry Update Editor will visit your client to gather information and script your case study.
- Once written, you and your client will need to approve the script.
- Following approval, we will organise to film on-site with your client and an Industry Update Reporter will conduct an interview.
- After the Case Study has been produced, you and your client will need to approve the final product prior to it being released online.
Additional expenses may apply to Case Study Videos due to filming on location. Expenses outside of the Sydney metro area includes: airfares, car hire or cabs, meal expenses and airport transfers. We will always seek your approval before booking airfares and attempt to get the best price, but keep in mind that if we are unable to complete filming in one day on an interstate shoot then airfare change fees may apply. Further, if additional days are also required to complete filming each additional day is due and payable by the client at $950.00 plus tax per day. If required, hotel costs are also payable by the client and we will do our best to achieve the lowest rates and save money for each client.
With ever increasing demand, Industry Update has expanded its video offerings to include short format documentaries for our manufacturing audience. Covering any area from Workplace Safety to Automation and Materials Handling, we can produce a documentary that delivers the strongest possible message as to why your product or service is an industry leader.
Our documentaries run in a 10-minute format, which can be combined with additional documentary videos to create a series. We will reach out to the experts and officials of your industry so they can be interviewed as a spokesperson. Having an unbiased third party commenting on your behalf ensures maximum credibility and gives a unique edge over your competitors.
You will need to provide us with a topic for the documentary. The Industry Update writing team will then research the given topic and investigate an angle to showcase your product or service. We film on location anywhere within Australia with an Industry Update reporter to meet your clients and visit your facilities.
How They Work
- Filmed on location anywhere within Australia.
- Included interview with a spokesperson from the industry.*
- On-location shoot with Tim Webster or an Industry Update reporter.**
- 10-minute documentary format suitable for online publishing and distribution.
- Scripts are written by Industry Update and approved by you prior to filming.
- First you will need to choose a suitable topic for the documentary, for example this may relate to an issue or development within your industry.
- You will then need to choose one of your clients that will feature in the documentary.
- Once established, our Editor will research the given topic and create the scripts. These will be sent to you for approval prior to filming.
- We will also be reaching out to a spokesperson within the industry for an interview. We will need you to review these questions prior to the interview being conducted.
- Once the documentary is edited, you will need to review the video prior to it being released online.
*Interview with Industry Expert is subject to availability and approval.
**On-Site shoot with Tim Webster is subject to pricing and availability.
Additional expenses may apply to Documentaries due to filming on location. Expenses outside of the Sydney metro area includes: airfares, car hire or cabs, meal expenses and airport transfers. We will always seek your approval before booking airfares and attempt to get the best price, but keep in mind that if we are unable to complete filming in one day on an interstate shoot then airfare change fees may apply. Further, if additional days are also required to complete filming each additional day is due and payable by the client at $950.00 plus tax per day. If required, hotel costs are also payable by the client and we will do our best to achieve the lowest rates and save money for each client.
“Manufacturing Matters” is Industry Update’s newest video concept. The Current Affairs series is filmed as a round table conversation and is set in a 10 minute format. We aim to drive an informative and critical discussion surrounding your industry on a topic of your choice. The panel will consist of a spokesperson from your company, the Industry Update Editor, as well as 1-2 industry experts, officials, or politicians*. The conversation will be moderated by veteran journalist and media personality, Tim Webster.
Industry Update also produces "Industry Update Perspectives". Strictly an editorial piece, Perspectives is an opportunity for you to have your say as an industry leader on topics such as economics, politics, safety, manufacturing trends as well as local and global matters.
Manufacturing Matters - How They Work
- 10 minute conversation covers matters relevant to your business and industry.
- Industry experts, officials and politicians offer unmatched credibility and an unbiased opinion that enforces your product or service as a market leader.
- The Industry Update Editor takes part to share a media perspective and keep the conversation on topic.
- The final product will be released on all Industry Update media channels and our eNews.
- You will be provided with a master copy for online publishing and internal use. (FHD1080p)
Manufacturing Matters - What’s Required?
- First, you will need to provide us with a topic for the show.
- The Industry Update Editor will research the topic and recommend various Industry experts or officials.
- We liaise with all stakeholders and arrange the shoot based on all stakeholder's availability.
- The shoot will last for approximately 2-3 hours and can be organised at a location best suited to all parties.
Industry Update Perspectives - How They Work
- Industry Update Perspectives are strictly editorial.
- Episodes feature 2-4 advertisers and are asked the same series of questions throughout the episode.
- First released in the Industry Update eNewsletter.
- Promoted on the Industry Update YouTube channel and on our website.
Do you hold industry events? We can cover them!
Conferences, trade shows, press releases, product launches and much more.
We can attend any Industry Event and provide comprehensive coverage for your brand. Whether you are after a highlights video, full length presentation videos, show coverage with a reporter, or anything in between, we can tailor a package to suit your event and media requirement.
How They Work
- Our Video Editor can cut together a highlights video of your event with 1 business day turnaround.
- We can film your event anywhere within Australia.
- You will be provided with all master files for your internal use.
- Reporters, including media veteran and TV personality Tim Webster, can be arranged to cover your event and interview your organisation, exhibitors or visitors.
- Event Coverage can be released to the Industry Update YouTube Channel and eNews.
- Raw footage is not supplied.
Once we have arranged a package for your event, we need you to supply all logos, graphics and supporting material prior to the event. We also need to know your release schedule and delivery method so we can deliver the correct video format. If you are holding a presentation or theatre performance, with prior arrangement we can record professional audio from your sound desk.
When it comes to events, anything is possible, so please contact our Video Producer for more information.