Starrett Company, well-known for its high quality range of precision and cutting tools, now offers a high end range of metrology solutions.
Starrett’s new metrology division has taken Australia’s test and measurement market by storm.
Since its formation last year the new division has steadily increased its market share in a number of sectors through product innovation and competitive pricing.
Starrett’s metrology products range includes:
• Video-based vision measuring systems, both manual and fully automatic with the latest Windows 7 based software, touch screens PC and tablet operation, with touch probe and laser scanning head options.
• The Starrett optical comparators range: horizontal and vertical, floor and bench mounted – with the option of video edge detection technology and CNC controls.
• Kinemic and KineScope, portable and fixed, video microscope systems.
• Starrett force measurement systems (tensile, compression and spring testing).
• Surface roughness, thickness and hardness testing equipment.
And a new product – a hybrid videobased comparator, the Starrett HDV300 – has recently been added to the line-up.
This system, the first of its type in Australia, introduces 5 megapixel video camera and touch screen technology to the world of comparators.
The technology allows users to import 2D DXF CAD files and to create “electronic overlays” and to measure parts fast and accurately through the use of innovations such interchangeable telecentric lenses and large field of view (FOV) measurement.
These products have been tried and tested and are distributed by Starrett globally, resulting in improved productivity and reduced costs.
“Our new high-end metrology products have been very well accepted by the Australian market, says Starrett business development manager – metrology, David Eldridge. “Our software solutions that offer simplicity combined with powerful metrology capabilities, sets us apart.
“The M2/M3 software on Starrett comparators and vision systems is a real winner for our customers. And this combined with direct access to an extensive technical support team 24/7 to assist our clients here in Australia, underlines the key benefits in dealing with a true global metrology business.”
The LS Starrett Company
Ph: (02) 9620 6944