Now acknowledged as the largest manufacturing state, NSW has now released their highly anticipated roadmap for exiting lockdown.
Businesses in the hospitality, retail and fitness sectors are to reopen from the Monday following our state reaching the 70 per cent ‘double dose’ milestone. It is expected they will hit this mark in mid-October.
The initiatives to ease restrictions include:
- Hospitality venues can reopen with one person per 4 square metres indoors and per 2 square metres outdoors.
- Retail stores can reopen with one person per 4 square metres.
- Personal grooming services can operate with one person per 4 square metres, capped at 5 clients per premises.
- Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can reopen with one person per 4 square metres – with classes limited to a maximum of 20 people.
- Domestic travel, including travel to regional NSW will be permitted.
- Weddings and funerals will resume with up to 50 people in attendance.
- Employers must allow staff to continue to work from home if they can. Masks will remain mandatory for all public indoor venues.