3M’s new SmartLens glasses do all the changing — automatically.
The lens is UV reactive so it responds to the amount of Ultraviolet (UV) light it receives. It lightens or darkens as needed.
SmartLens changes from dark to clear in 35sec. This clear state allows 77.5 per cent light transmission.
They change from clear to dark in 8sec, reducing the sun’s glare allowing just 22 per cent light transmission.
Features and benefits include:
- Tough Polycarbonate lens absorbs 99.9 per cent UV
- Abrasion resistant hard-coat extends lens life
- Durable frame with nylon brow and magnesium alloy temples
- The frame’s moulded lens supports prevent the lenses from being dislodged by a strong frontal impact.
- Spring-hinged temples for narrow/wide fit
- Soft, adjustable nose bridge for all day comfort
- Frame design has stylish carbon fibre pattern
Ph: 136 136