School-leavers and job seekers interested in a trade career are set to benefit from an innovative new offering from SkillsTech Australia.
The inaugural Trade Career Launch Program is a five-day course offering workshops led by trade-qualified teachers and presentations from key industry stakeholders including employers. SkillsTech Australia Director of Business Development Ian Lawrence said the Trade Career Launch Program highlights potential career pathways for school leavers and job seekers.
“The Trade Career Launch Program is a great opportunity for inexperienced people who are curious about a trade career to get their hands dirty,” Mr Lawrence said.
“The program also aims to link students with industry and employment pathways through practical workshops, and establish a sense of what it’s like to work in a trade.
“If you’re interested in a trade career but don’t have practical experience, this is the program for you.”
Trade streams available as part of the Trade Career Launch Program include:
• Automotive — mechanical, electrical, diesel fitting
• Building and construction — plumbing, carpentry, furniture making, shopfitting
• Manufacturing and engineering — metal fabrication, fitting and turning, light fabrication
• Electrical – electrical systems, refrigeration, air-conditioning
The final day of the course includes presentations from:
• Trade associations
• Australian Apprenticeship Centres
• Group Training Organisations
• Potential employers.
SkillsTech Australia’s inaugural Trade Career Launch Program will be held at the institute’s Acacia Ridge Training Centre from December 9-13.
For more information call: 1800 654 447 or visit skillstech.tafe.qld.gov.au/trades/