D-Link has launched its next generation Layer 2+/Layer 3 Managed Gigabit switches – the DGS-3630 series.
Loaded with advanced software features and a lifetime warranty, the new DGS-3630 switches deliver high performance, flexibility, and fault tolerance for maximum return on investment.
With 10/100/1000 RJ45 ports, Gigabit SFP ports, 10 GbE SFP+ ports, advanced security features, and advanced Quality of Service (QoS), the DGS-3630 switches can operate in the core, distribution or access layer of the network. High port densities, switch stacking and easy management make the DGS-3630 switches suitable for a variety of applications in business networks of all sizes.
In the recent independent third-party Tolly Group comparison reports the D-Link DGS-3630-28TC Layer 3 Stackable Managed Gigabit Switch outperformed comparable competitor product from Cisco, showing lower L2 and L3 latency across all packet sizes tested. Along with equivalent throughput from the competitor, the D-Link switch also excelled in long-term benefits for total cost of ownership with cost-per-gigabit up to 56 percent lower than Cisco, and up to 38 percent lower power consumption.
Out of the box, the DGS-3630 series switches include the Standard Image (SI) software, supporting essential SMB and SME functionality, such as L2 switching, entry-level routing, L2 multicast, advanced QoS, Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM), and robust security features.
For additional functionality, DGS-3630 switches can be upgraded to Enhanced Image (EI) software using separately ordered license upgrades. The Enhanced Image adds support for full L3 routing for Enterprise integration, including OSPF, BGP, VRF-Lite, and L3 multicast.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, “An upgradeable software image provides a flexible approach to system management and allows network administrators to deploy a lower cost L2+ solution today, and upgrade to a L3 solution in the future as networking needs change and a full dynamic routing solution becomes required.”
Copper (RJ45) and fibre (SFP) versions are available, and all models support four 10-Gigabit SFP+ ports, which can be used for uplinks or for stacking. For out-of-band CLI management, network administrators can use either a conventional RJ45 or mini-USB console port. The switch also has a USB port that can be used to store logs, configuration, and firmware images.
Additional features include:
- Stackability: Physical stacking up to nine units, Virtual Stacking/clustering up to 32 units
- Reliability: Redundant Power Supply (RPS) support; 6 kV surge protection on all RJ45 access ports; Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS); Loopback Detection (LBD)
- Easy Management: RJ45/mini-USB console port; management and alarm ports; USB port for firmware and configuration files; easy-to-use web GUI, Industry standard CLI, and advanced OAM features
- D-Link Green technology: Includes a power-saving mode, smart fan feature, reduced heat dissipation, and cable length detection
- Industry leading warranty: Lifetime warranty and Next Business Day (NBD) advance hardware replacement
The DGS-3630 series switches are available now throughout Australia and New Zealand via D-Link’s network of authorised channel partners, resellers, distributors and online retailers. Detailed specifications are available online at www.dlink.com.au and www.dlink.co.nz