This year’s National Manufacturing Week (NMW) Conference has been tailored specifically to meet current industry challenges.
To be held in conjunction with the NMW exhibition, the Conference provides a closed-door forum for manufacturers and industry leaders to share “how-to” strategies and intelligence on business issues.
The theme for this year’s conference is Embracing Innovation for a Competitive, Efficient and Sustainable Future.
NMW, with supporting partners AMTIL and Enterprise Connect will present the NMW Conference on May 25-26.
The NMW Conference aims to deliver actionable strategies and advice of real value to manufacturers, says NMW 2011 Exhibition Director, Paul Baker.
Key themes include:
• Overview of key Australian Government assistance programs for the manufacturing
• industry and case studies of how Australian manufacturers have leveraged these programs
• The economic outlook and its likely impact on industry development
• When to choose domestic vs offshore production
• Employing green technologies for sustainable, profitable growth
• The how-to of Lean Supply Chain management and Agile manufacturing
• How suppliers can help you achieve competitive advantage
• Real-world examples of what happens when an entire workforce is focused on continuous innovation.
Interactive workshops will be held on:
• Latest projects in advanced technology – including carbon fibre, nanofabrication and digital manufacturing
• Effective management strategies for engineering business growth
Speakers will include experts from Toyota Australia, Frontline Australasia, ANCA, Itl, H.I. Fraser, Schiavello Group and Branach Ladders.
The full NMW Conference program and costs is available on nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au.
NMW 2011 will be held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre together with Austech and the triennial Ausplas exhibition.