The Australian Made Campaign, the not-for-profit organisation that administers the iconic green-and-gold Australian Made, Australian Grown (AMAG) logo, has appointed a new director to its board.
Ms Nicki Anderson is Managing Director of Demo Plus, the largest sampling, demonstration and events organisation in Australia.
She will maintain both roles.
The Board of Directors selected Ms Anderson based on her knowledge and understanding of the Australian manufacturing sector and extensive experience in marketing fast moving consumer goods (FMCGs).
Previous roles include Marketing Director for Kraft Foods, Marketing & Innovation Director for SPC Ardmona & McCain Foods and General Manager Beverage Marketing for Cadbury Schweppes Australia.
"We are very pleased that Nicki has agreed to join the Board at this exciting time for the logo. We are truly fortunate to have someone of Nicki’s calibre join the team,” Australian Made Campaign Chairman, David Gray, said.
“Ms Anderson will provide invaluable guidance on the campaign’s marketing initiatives, and her insight into the FMCG sector will also be welcomed.”
“I am thrilled to be joining the Australian Made Campaign’s Board of Directors,” Ms Anderson said.
“Throughout my career I have worked for companies that have strongly supported Australian manufacturing. Buying Australian means that we are helping the Australian economy; supporting local jobs; investing in our community; and, importantly, helping to ensure the sustainable future of Australian industry for our kids.”
Other Australian Made Campaign directors include:
- David Gray AM (Chairman), Managing Director, David Gray & Co. Pty Ltd
- Glenn Cooper AM (Deputy Chairman), Executive Chairman, Coopers Brewery Limited
- Neil Summerson FCA (Treasurer), Director and Former Chairman, Bank of Queensland
- Peter Anderson, CEO, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
- Allyn Beard, Marketing Director, A.H. Beard Pty Ltd
- Andrew Broad, Former President of the Victorian Farmers Federation
- Robert Gerard AO, Executive Chairman, Gerard Corporation Pty Ltd
- Robert Hutchinson (State Manager, Queensland, ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd)