Queensland sugarcane grower, Alf Cristaudo, has been elected to the Australian Made Campaign Board of Directors.
Mr Cristaudo is the former Chairman of Canegrowers Australia and recently completed his term as Director of the National Farmers Federation.
He is currently a director of Austsafe Superannuation and Ravensdown Fertiliser Australia.
Nominated for the position by the National Farmers Federation, the Australian Made Campaign Board of Directors selected Mr Cristaudo based on his long history of active grower, industry and community representation.
He has played a vital role in advancing Australia’s sugarcane industry, holding senior positions within peak industry bodies and advisory committees throughout his career.
"We are delighted that Alf has agreed to join the Board,” Australian Made Campaign Chairman, David Gray, said.
“Mr Cristaudo’s appointment will help strengthen the ties between the Australian Made, Australian Grown logo and the agricultural sector, and his insights into the Queensland business community will be greatly valued.”
At its Annual General Meeting last month retiring (by rotation) directors, Glenn Cooper and Allyn Beard, were re-elected for a further term, and casual vacancy appointees Nicki Anderson and Michele Levine were formally elected.
The full Board of Directors now consists of:
- David Gray AM (Chairman), MD, David Gray & Co. Pty Ltd
- Glenn Cooper AM (Deputy Chairman), Executive Chairman, Coopers Brewery Limited
- Neil Summerson FCA (Treasurer), Director and Former Chairman, Bank of Queensland
- Peter Anderson, CEO, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
- Nicki Anderson, MD, Demo Plus
- Allyn Beard, MD, A.H. Beard Pty Ltd
- Alf Cristaudo, Former Chairman of Canegrowers Australia
- Robert Gerard AO, Executive Chairman, Gerard Corporation Pty Ltd
- Robert Hutchinson, State Manager, Queensland, ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research
The Australian Made Campaign is the not-for-profit that administers the iconic green-and-gold Australian Made, Australian Grown (AMAG) logo, Australia’s registered country-of-origin trademark for genuine Aussie products and produce.