Ansell, a leader in personal protection solutions, has expand its cut protection portfolio with a suite of new HyFlex gloves featuring INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology.
INTERCEPT Technology feature an innovative new knitting technology, which blends engineered, synthetic and natural fibers into high performance yarns.
Ansell now offers six new cut-resistant medium and lightweight HyFlex INTERCEPT glove styles, which provide the exceptional comfort and dexterity required by the world’s most demanding industrial workplaces.
The new technology will help to protect workers hands from workplace injury.
Ansell INTERCEPT Technology enhances hand protection and productivity in work environments where sharp tools and materials are handled, and cut risks are ever-present. These environments include the automotive, metal fabrication and machinery equipment industries.
“We are excited to launch Ansell’s INTERCEPT Technology which marks the industry’s first comprehensive product development platform for cut protection innovation,” said Scott Corriveau, president and general manager of Ansell’s Industrial Global Business Unit. “Customers look to Ansell to provide quality products, and this new, unrivalled technology brings game-changing enhancements to cut protection solutions in the marketplace, while providing great value for our global customers.
“At Ansell, we believe everything starts with first understanding, and then meeting the critical needs of end-users, which revolve around performance, protection and comfort.” Darryl Nazareth, senior vice president of research and development for the Ansell Industrial Global Business Unit added: “Through the discovery and development process for INTERCEPT Technology, we learned invaluable insights and have created a portfolio of protection solutions that meet the safety needs of today’s global industrial workers.
“The INTERCEPT platform will allow us to enhance future generations of cut protection products and technologies that respond to changing workplace safety needs.”
Offered in EN cut level 3, 4 and 5 cut protection styles, the six new medium and light weight glove styles complement an already comprehensive portfolio of Ansell cut protection options.
The three new light weight styles are nitrile based and eight times more breathable than similar lightweight gloves and two and a half times more breathable than other cut protection gloves, according to tests conducted in Ansell R&D labs.
New engineered fibers not only offer protection against cut risks but also provide all day comfort for increased worker compliance.
· HyFlex 11-724 – Features excellent flexibility and fit with optimal cut protection, a silicone free 13 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance with INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®
· HyFlex 11-727 – Designed with increased durability, enhanced grip and overall comfort in a 15 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance and INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology
· HyFlex 11-735 – Demonstrates great flexibility and all day comfort with a silicon-free coating; it is a 10 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 5 Performance and INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®
· HyFlex 11-531 – Has exceptional grip performance in a comfortable ultralight weight cut resistance glove with all day comfort, added durability and a silicon-free coating; it is an 18 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance; Ansell technologies include FORTIX™ Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology
· HyFlex 11-537 – Has exceptional grip performance and three quarter dip protection in a comfortable ultralight weight cut resistant glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance; Ansell technologies include INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology, FORTIX Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology
· HyFlex 11-539 – Provides exceptional grip performance and fully coated protection in a comfortable ultralight weight cut protection glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance; Ansell technologies include INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology, FORTIX Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology
The new HyFlex cut protection gloves also offer enhanced features such as a silicon-free coating, dirt masking colours, a more tailored comfortable fit, and improved grip and abrasion resistance.
The portfolio features the industry’s most comprehensive selection of application-specific styles, which are grounded in global insights about the unmet needs of workers who experience application-specific work process risks.
The continued evolution of the HyFlex product line reflects ongoing global research among safety officers, operations managers, purchasing agents and workers through the Ansell Worker Experience Innovation program.