none

ACQUISITION EXPANDS TRAILER PORTFOLIO

10-12-2018
by 
in 

As part of its strategic initiative to grow in its existing markets, MaxiTRANS is set to acquire Australasian Machinery Sales (trading as Trout River Australia), a leading manufacturer and supplier of live bottom trailers.

The acquisition will be completed in two tranches, with 80% of Trout River to be acquired initially for $5.9 million in cash. The remaining 20% will occur by 30th June 2021 under an earn-out arrangement. The acquisition will be funded out of existing cash and debt facilities.

The addition of live bottom trailers into the MaxiTRANS trailer portfolio will add products with applications in the infrastructure construction sector.

And the integration of the existing Trout River Australia business into the MaxiTRANS organisation will provide access to the company’s production and procurement systems, national dealer network and national network of repair and service facilities.

Dean Jenkins, Managing Director and CEO of MaxiTRANS, said “We look forward to welcoming John Surwillo and Neil Lehman, the current owners of Trout River Australia, to the MaxiTRANS group. John and Neil’s ongoing involvement in the business will facilitate a smooth transition and enable the Trout River Australia business to continue to benefit from their deep product knowledge.”

MaxiTRANS
03 8368 1100
www.maxitrans.com

Related news & editorials

  1. National Secretary Mark Diamond said while progress on an effective vaccine was encouraging, the current outbreak in Greater Sydney and emergence of a new highly infectious variant demonstrated the pandemic was far from over.
    19.01.2021
    19.01.2021
    by      In , In
    Australia’s public transport union has launched a national campaign to better protect workers who are at significant risk of death or serious illness from COVID-19.
    The Rail, Tram and Bus Union is calling for a new COVID-Vulnerable Worker Payment scheme to protect essential workers who are... Read More
  2. A world-first advanced manufacturing accelerator known as ‘Line Zero – Factory of the Future’ has begun construction at the Tonsley Innovation District near Adelaide, thanks to a major funding boost.
    19.01.2021
    19.01.2021
    by      In , In
    A world-first advanced manufacturing accelerator known as ‘Line Zero – Factory of the Future’ has begun construction at the Tonsley Innovation District near Adelaide, thanks to a major funding boost.
    The South Australian government has matched a $5 million commitment from Flinders University into... Read More
  3. Mitch Avins will head the new location which will serve the South West Region’s major industries including mining, logging, agriculture, construction, marine and manufacturing.
    19.01.2021
    19.01.2021
    by      In , In , In
    A new Hydraulink franchise to service transport and heavy machinery is set to open in Bunbury, Western Australia, as part of the company’s plans to expand to major mining and agricultural centres.
    Mitch Avins will head the new location which will serve the South West Region’s major industries... Read More
  4. Within five years CEP Energy aims to build capacity to generate 1500 megawatts of power, with 1000 megawatts of battery storage – enough to power around 600,000 homes
    14.01.2021
    14.01.2021
    by      In
    A joint venture between Australia’s largest commercial and industrial real estate owner and a renewable energy company is hoped to spur a network of rooftop solar farms and grid-scale batteries, which will offset power usage by manufacturers.
    Former Ford and General Motors Holden sites in NSW,... Read More