R.J. Cox Engineering is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of materials handling and hospitality equipment including wheels and castors, for the hospitality, medical, manufacturing, mining and engineering industries.
Cox, as we are known, has been involved in engineering solutions since its origins in 1938. We provide both custom-designed and built engineering solutions as well as an extensive catalogue of products from the foremost manufacturers of materials handling and hospitality equipment.
Custom designed and built
Cox custom designed products are always in high demand. Our more recent engineering solutions include:
- Designing, manufacturing and installing smoke baffles for the refurbished Customs House – a solution was needed for the problems of possible smoke drifting up its magnificent new Atrium in the event of an internal fire.
- Designing and manufacturing archival storage space and delivery systems for the extra large artworks held by the National Gallery of Australia – a solution was needed that would allow the artwork to be stored standing up as well a solution to allow vertical transportation of these artworks between Australian and overseas galleries.
- Designing, manufacturing and installation of a new entrance canopy to complement the outstanding conversion of the old wool store of Goldsborough Mort in Sydney – a solution was needed that would uplift the front entrance to the building as well as provide shelter in the event of wet weather. We also manufactured and installed panels to provide privacy in the internal courtyards of the building.
- Developing a mechanical solution to the problem of lifting caskets to the second and third levels of vertical crypts.
- Designing and manufacturing motorised mini-bar trolleys for the Esplanade Hotel, Perth – a solution was needed that would enable the heavily-loaded trolleys to glide along carpets.
- Developing a mechanical solution to the problem of storing a Mitsubishi Projector within an existing marble-topped credenza with a mechanism that would elevate and retract a load of 100kg to a height of 2.4 metres stopping with +/-1mm tolerance.
We source products from the foremost manufacturers of materials handling and hospitality equipment and offer an extensive catalogue in the following categories of products:
- Materials Handling / Lifting Equipment
- Bulk Materials Handling
- Nursing Home / Hospital Equipment
- Recreational Equipment
|0411 408 693|