Introduction to T-Slot Framing
80/20's aluminum T-slotted profiles are the basic building blocks of "The Industrial Erector Set®". These T-slotted profiles are broken into seven families.
- 10 Series - 1.00" increments and a .50" Centerline.
- 15 Series - 1.50" increments and a .75" Centerline.
- 20 Series - 20mm increments and a 10mm Centerline.
- 25 Series - 25mm increments and a 12.5mm Centerline.
- 30 Series - 30mm increments and a 15mm Centerline.
- 40 Series - 40mm increments and a 20mm Centerline.
- 45 Series - 45mm increments and a 22.5mm Centerline.
80/20’s modularity is based upon the T-slot concept ofour profiles. The "T" shaped slots present on all of our profiles allow for infinite positioning along the axis. While there are other types of T-slotted profiles in the industry, one modification to the 80/20 line is a slight adjustment to the " T" which creates the 2° Drop-Lock Feature.
T-slotted profiles for both FRACTIONAL and METRIC measurment series.
The 2 Degree Drop-Lock Feature
The 2° Drop-Lock Feature is one of the many practical aspects of the 80/20 product line that many of our competitors do not have. This drop-lock consists of a 2° decline of the T-slot flange. When a fastener is tightened to (or beyond) the necessary torque, the flange will flex up to the adjoining profile, thus creating pressure which prevents the fasteners from vibrating loose.
- All 80/20 T-slotted profiles have the Drop-Lock Feature
- When engaged, the connection is vibration proof.
- Works with all 80/20 fasteners.