Australia’s Number 1 Manufacturing & Industrial Equipment Magazine & Directory
Features & Benefits of Maxair Air Pipe Systems
- 50 YEAR WARRANTY
- SIMPLE & FAST TO INSTALL
- EASY TO ALTER OR ADAPT
- STRONG, ROBUST, SAFE
- LOW FRICTION, SMOOTH BORE
- BROAD CHEMICAL RESISTANCE
- NO CORROSION
- NO METALLIC CONTAMINATION
- WIDE RANGE OF PIPE SIZES 20MM TO 160MM
- FOOD GRADE MATERIALS
- SUITABLE FOR BREATHING AIR
- DISTINCTIVE BLUE COLOUR
- GOOD THERMAL PROPERTIES
- SUITABLE UNDERGROUND
- UNDERPRESSURE CONNECTION FITTINGS
ECONOMIC ADVANTAGES OF MAXAIR AIR PIPE SYSTEMS
- Elimination of costly air leaks. This is now possible with fusion welded fittings and/or proven O-Ring fittings. Common problems with traditional materials of maintaining air pressure and recurring air leaks, prove costly in both wastage of valuable compressed air and downtime/maintenance costs to rectify leaks.
- Energy savings through reduced friction. Ultra smooth bore and low friction material.
- Savings in labour costs in installation & modification.
- Low capital costs.
- Low maintenance. Along with low initial costs, the true economy of the
- Maxair PE100 pipe system is realised in long term efficiency, reliability, versatility and minimisation of maintenance.
ELIMINATION OF PIPE CORROSION
A major disadvantage with traditional galvanised iron air pipe has been corrosion
of pipe with consequent problems: Contamination of air supply, damaging tools & pneumatics, increased friction giving energy losses, reduced bore and eventual need for replacement. Maxair eliminates this corrosion giving cleaner air and long lasting smooth bore.
FOOD CONTACT GRADE MATERIALS
Maxair PE100 pipe and fittings conform with AS2070.1 “Plastic material for food contact use”, providing system approval for use within a food plant. Maxair PE100 does not support micro-organisms or bacterial growth. Maxair Compression fittings conform to
AS4129, BS6920. Maxair Heavy Duty B.S.P threaded fittings conform with AS3855.3.
The three extensive ranges of Maxair fittings - Socket Fusion, Electro Fusion or Compression, all using the same pipe, offer the Designer/Engineer maximum
design flexibility. The value to Industry of a total package which is readily altered at any stage is inestimable. This system is ideally suited to today’s requirement for rapid installation schedules.
QUICK, CLEAN, SIMPLE INSTALLATION
No tedious threading of pipe, flaring or gluing. Installation can be 2-5 times quicker than with traditional materials. Simple to modify. New branches, extensions
or take-offs can be added with a minimum of disruption & cost. The typical inflexibility of traditional systems is overcome. An extensive range of fittings provides further design versatility.
Maxair has broad chemical compatibility and provides a solution for harsh corrosive
environments. Fusion welded fittings provide a high degree of safety in these areas. Welded PE 100 is the ultimate Polyethylene system due to its fused jointing, minimum entrapment and high safety factor. Please refer to Technical Department for specific applications.
Maxair has higher strength, greater wall thickness and a higher safety factor of 2:1 than other grades of PE currently on the market. Maxair has excellent pressure/temperature capabilities with minimum 50 year design life. Manufactured to PN25 providing a compressed air rating in accordance with Australian Standard AS4130 of 16 bar or 235 P.S.I. @ 20deg C with a 2:1 safety factor. Extremely robust. Impact resistant - is ductile in nature so will not shatter like PVC (PVC is not safe for compressed air). Excellent for underground applications. Thermally stable and suitable for -20deg C to +60deg C continuous, with peaks of up to 95deg C.