Cincom has signed an agreement with ASC Pty Ltd, a company that is acting on behalf of the Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD) Alliance, for ASC to implement Cincom’s Enterprise Compliance and Quality Management software (ECQM). Cincom ECQM helps manufacturers improve revenue, profits, and customer satisfaction by delivering a fully integrated suite of solutions that resolve issues quickly and prevent recurrence, ensuring compliance with industry and regulatory requirements.
Phase 1 of the agreement includes the use of Cincom’s Enterprise Compliance and Quality Management software by ASC (formerly known as Australian Submarine Corporation) for its role as shipbuilder in the AWD Alliance. Cincom ECQM will:
- Help ASC with its configuration and data-management requirements in its role as shipbuilder for the AWD project;
- Provide a system to help manage compliance, corrective, and preventative actions;
- Manage internal and external audit programmes;
- Provide a workflow engine to help streamline and manage a number of important ASC shipbuilding business processes;
- Provide the scalability to support the expected growth of ASC shipbuilding staffing levels when full production is reached;
- Provide easy integration to ASC corporate systems; and
- Manage internal training requirements and certification of contractor and suppliers for ASC Shipbuilding staff working on the AWD project.
“We are committed to providing a high-value, low-cost solution to the AWD Alliance through ASC to improve its business and ensure it is in the best position to offer value for the money for its customers,” said Paul Hargreaves, Managing Director of Cincom Australia and New Zealand. “Our relationship with ASC reflects Cincom’s dedication to providing world-class solutions for organizations within the defence industry.”
ASC is Australia’s largest specialized defence shipbuilding organization with naval design and engineering resources unparalleled in Australia’s defence industry. ASC is the shipbuilder for the $8 billion Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyer project. ASC also designed, built, and now maintains the Collins Class submarines, regarded as the best conventional (non-nuclear) submarines in the world
For more information, visit www.asc.com.au.
About the Air Warfare Destroyer Alliance
The AWD Alliance has been contracted to deliver three Hobart Class air warfare destroyers to the Royal Australian Navy. The Alliance consists of the Defence Materiel Organisation with ASC as shipbuilder and Raytheon Australia as combat systems system engineer. The three AWDs represent the most advanced and complex warships ever built in Australia
, and will be assembled at ASC’s shipyard in Osborne, South Australia. For more information, visit www.ausawd.com.
Cincom delivers and supports innovative software and services to simplify complex business processes. For nearly 40 years, Cincom has enabled thousands of clients worldwide to increase revenue, control cost, minimize risk, and achieve rapid ROI. Cincom Australian customers include Thales Australia, GKN Aerospace, Mills Display Signs, Designer Doorware, Manly Aluminium Windows, Evic Paints, and Campbell Scientific Australia.
For more information about Cincom's products and services, contact Cincom Systems of Australia at 02-8875 1400, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or visit the company's website at www.cincom.com.au.