Business: Ballantynes Food Services
1. Company Profile
Ballantyne is a family owned company which for more than half a century has been serving a global market for fine foods from one of the world's richest food producing nations.
Ballantynes dairy division produces a range of packaged butter, dairy blend and margarine products. This includes portion control products (minitubs and mini wraps) to retail products (tubs and wraps) for the Australian and international markets
3. The Problem:
There was a daily requirement to drain fluid from a 1,000 litre container. Tilting the container was done manually and Ballantynes desired a simple but effective alternative to manual tilting.
4. Product Chosen:
Safetech supplied a spring tilter that was modified to suit the Ballantynes application. This Spring operated tilter supported the 1,000 litre container that had a drain hose fitted to the outlet.
- As the level in the container lowers the spring automatically raises one side.
- No air or electricity required.
- A retaining lip across the hinged edge keeps the container in place.
- The tilter is fully galvanised for longevity and includes fork sockets for easy relocation.
- The RHS fork sockets are also at a height that allows a hand pallet truck to roll under for moving by hand.
5. Benefits of this product:
This spring tilter eliminated the need to manually tilt the container. This reduced injury risk, worker effort and helped to speed up the process.