Australia's No 1 Manufacturing Magazine & Directory
New Manufacturers Pavilion a ‘must see’
AMTIL will incorporate a new area into this year’s Austech exhibition – The Manufacturers Pavilion.
This 1500sqm area is designed to connect visitors with organisations of significance to them and inform them of possible commercial opportunities.
One of the major features of the Manufacturers Pavilion will be the timetable of speakers discussing relevant supply chain and major project topics to be presented in the Pavilion Café. Visitors can sit and listen to industry leaders in a relaxed informal café setting.
Activities in the Manufacturers Pavilion 2013 will assist visitors to:
- Connect industry with organisations such as state and federal government departments, industry supply chains and network/cluster opportunities.
- Inform manufacturers of industry trends in supply and initiatives that may assist business development.
- Support visitors to grow through open access to opportunities of interest that may be available domestically and internationally.
- Provide direction to suppliers demonstrating technology and processes relative to the showcase industry sectors.
Owned and operated by Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Ltd (AMTIL), Austech covers the key areas of machine tool and sheetmetal working including:
- CNC Machining Centres: horizontal and vertical machining
- Turning Machines: CNC lathes, automatic lathes
- Sheetmetal: forming, bending, punching, shearing equipment
- Special Purpose Machines: grinding, broaching, boring, milling, waterjet cutters
- Laser Equipment: laser profiling, laser cutting, marking and engraving
- Ancillary equipment: cutting fluids, finishing, coatings, robots, cad-cam software
Austech 2013 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from May 7-10 in conjunction with National Manufacturing Week.
Related news & editorials
The Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) has recognised a number of companies and individuals for their contribution and outstanding achievements in the Australian packaging industry.
The federal government will introduce a number of key measures to assist manufacturers impacted by tough current economic conditions.
Austech 2013 and National Manufacturing Week (NMW), which ended in Melbourne last week, was highly successful on all levels – with strong crowds and positive feedback from exhibitors.
Dematic, a global leader in logistics and material handling, has been awarded the Intermec Synergy Partner of the Year Award at Intermec’s APAC Partner conference in Hanoi.