Grants are now open to manufacturing businesses looking to expand operations, target new markets and attract private sector investment.
The grants are offered as part of the federal government’s $50 million Manufacturing Transition Program.
The Program provides grants to help manufacturing businesses become more competitive and sustainable.
It supports capital investment projects that help businesses:
▪ Move or expand into higher value or niche manufacturing activities
▪ Build skills in higher value and knowledge intensive activities in new or growing
Grants are available for up to 25 percent of eligible costs for projects with a minimum investment of $4 million.
Applications for Round 1 opened on September 1 and will close on Friday October 24, 2014.
The program provides:
• Grants ranging from $1 million to $10 million
• Grant funding up to 25% of eligible project costs
• Support for projects over a two year period.
To be eligible, your business must:
• Be incorporated in Australia
• Be manufacturing in Australia
• Be registered for GST
• Provide evidence that confirms your business can fund its share of the project
To find out more about the Manufacturing Transition Program visit: